« June 2007 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 14 June 2007
Work from the Studio
Now Playing: Some cards I have made recently
Topic: New Work

Today's entry will share some recent cards I have made.

This is the card DH will get for Father's day. I used wood grained cardstock as the base which is creased on the left face and split on the right face. Pictures of hinges were downloaded from the internet as well as the picture of the latch. I cut a hole in the latch and built a loop of cardstock underneath to slide into the hole. The lock is made of two ephemera stickers that I stuck back to back. I cut the loop at the side so it could be slipped on and off the latch allowing the card to open. Since the challenge was to make a card with brads or eyelets the latch and the hinges are attached with 'plus brads'. They were actually the inspiration for the entire card! The card is lined with the wood grained cardstock as well.

I made this card for a vellum challenge. I used two different colors of vellum in different widths and first punched a border along both edges of each. Then I ran them through the paper crimper. I mounted them on the card with foam tape under each layer and then added satin ribbon, also with foam tape. On the right I used vellum stickers to spell out LOVE and adhered silver peel-off stickers with hearts to link the letters together, Two hearts from the same sheet of peel-offs are added to the ribbon.

For a challenge to make a card with checks, I broke out lots of scrapbook scraps and made this little quilt card. The instructions for this card are on my website at http://mystudio3d.com/QuiltedCard.htm. I attached satin cord to the card and glued miniature closepins to the card as well. The quilt is held in the closepins and also glued to the card. Butterfly stickers were applied and flight-trails drawn in with Sharpie marker. The greeting is a silver peel-off colored with Sharpies to match the butterfly trails.

Finally, this paper embroidery card was made for a challenge to use this particular pattern (the pattern is actually just a single side border.) From the first time I saw the pattern it reminded me of bunting seen at a patriotic event so I broke out the red, white and blue. After pricking the borders on my red and blue cardstocks I glued down a length of white ribbon up the center of each border. Then I stitched over the top of it, blue and white on the red paper - red and white on the blue paper. After stitching I cut the blue to fit inside the borders on the red paper and designed the fireworks center. It is stitched in gold metallic thread and enhanced with gold round and star brads. After mounting on white cardstock I added gold star peel-off borders at the top and the bottom to tame the ends of the ribbons.

I hope you enjoyed the recent work coming out of my studio.

Ddd studio3d@ccwebster.net


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:51 AM PDT

View Latest Entries