« May 2010 »
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 13 May 2010
Purple and White
Topic: Dry Embossing

OK, I signed up to do a Purple and White swap on one of my lists and then sat down and created this card. I used purple printed cardstock for the background and ran it through the Cuttlebug folder to add the script. Then I sanded it to expose the white core. Next are two torn pieces of white mulberry paper with white paper behind to intensify the contrast.

The flower was cut off of a commercial card and mounted with 3D glue dots. Then I made the text block with torn purple card, white rub-ons, and a Cuttlebugged green paper, sanded. This is mounted 3D also.

I looked up who I was supposed to send it to for the swap and discovered my BIG mistake - it was for the wrong group! The Purple and White swap was for a Paper Embroidery group and my card has no embroidery on it. RATS!

Oh well, it works for another groups' swap that was due - one that requires some kind of embossing. Since I used dry embossing for the background I'm all set.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT

View Latest Entries