« June 2010 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 27 June 2010
Altered Cake Topper
Topic: Other Projects

I went looking for a cake topper for a 60th aniversary cake. No such thing! My solution was to buy a 25th cake topper and edit it so much that it is not recognizable anymore!

Here is a photo of the 'before' cake topper from the catalog (except this is the 50th version with gold trim. The one I used was the 25th version with silver trim.


 

 

Here is the 'after'.

The only things original are the clear plastic base, the ruffle, and the couple. However, I used a Krylon paint pen to change their hair from blonde and black to silver/grey.

They had a really twinky 'poof' of netting stuck in behind them so I tore it off and glued on the triptych mirror. Then I tore off the clump of clay from the front edge that said '25' and glued on white paper flowers at their feet.

All of the flowers got self-stick clear rhinestone centers since the 60th is the 'diamond' anniversary. I added flowers to the back of the mirror base as well.


I had chipboard sticker numbers but they were: 1) brown 2) western style. I stuck them to my craft sheet and cut off the pointy edges so they were no longer 'western'. Then I used the Krylon metallic paint marker to make them silver and when that was dry I covered them with 'ice' Stickles.

And tomorrow....

      ... the CAKE!

Ddd

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT
Updated: Thursday, 24 June 2010 8:52 PM PDT

Sunday, 27 June 2010 - 5:49 PM PDT

Name: "shirley Winick"

Good Job!  looks great!

View Latest Entries