« August 2010 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 10 August 2010
Ummm, Yeah, I Totally Meant To Do That
Topic: Stamping

While I was in the mode of watercolor stamping I pulled out this image (one of my favorites) and inked it with Adriondack pads. Unfortunately, the 'sketch lines' are so close together that the misted water and ink pools into them and the whole thing stamps as blobs of color. I misted the stamp again and stamped...nope still too much. Then on the third misting I got very light color but still no definition.

Harrumph! I dried all of them with the heat gun and put them in the bin to use as backgrounds/tiles/whatever. Then it occured to me to try using them as BASE color and stamp the image in black over the top. So with the use of my stamp positioner, I aligned the image and stamped with Archival black ink. Impressions one and two still look lame but this one...

...looks heavenly!

What a perfectly colored image. I used a Nestabilities die to cut and emboss the image and selected papers to layer that picked up the image colors. The solid layer got some Cuttlebug  embossing (branches) which were enhanced with distress ink. Then I used a distressing tool on the paper edges of both pink layers and inked the edges slightly.

Layered onto green cardstock, the pearl accents were added and then I hand-lettered the text.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT

View Latest Entries