I recently had a commission to make 30 invitations and decided the fastest and easiest way to do them was with rubber stamping. The client likes hummingbirds so I pulled out my favorite stamp and used it on a speckled, folded cardstock with archival black ink.
They were then 'watercolored' using stamp inks on a non-stick craft sheet. Some were stamp pads pressed onto the surface and some were re-inkers with a few drops on the sheet. These were picked up with an aquabrush and applied to the stamped image. I did the shadows first then the highlights over the top.
The next step was to apply Stickles to the throat of the hummingbird and the ends of the stamens.
Here is the whole set:
Here you can see the shading close up as well as the glittered bird:
As a final step I tore a mask for the image and used my new airbrush system to spray the blue and yellow background.
Here is a closeup of the card:
I created a clear-lidded box to present the cards and envelopes: