« August 2011 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 25 August 2011
Shapely Stamps
Topic: Stamping

The things linking these two cards is that they are both stamped and both cut with Nestabilities and I didn't like how they started!

This first image was stamped on white cardstock. That was much too stark so I used copic marker to tint it yellow. Then I colored in the metallic base. After I cut it out with Nestabilities the birdhouse seemed to just float so I toned the edges with distress ink. I layered over printed cardstock with a scalloped edge and stamped the greeting at the bottom (love how the scrolly brackets mimic the swirls on the cage). Finally, I used a fine line marker to draw a chain for the cage to hang from.

That was certainly easier than this next one. I started this image with the 'thumping' technique but chose colors too far apart to look right (wine and purple) and the leaves were too bright. I tried to recover it by coloring over the whole flower head with a pink marker but it was too close to the original wine so I lost a lot of definition. I colored over the leaves with a softer green with the same effect. Hmmm, now I have overall color but few lines - so I used the stamp positioner to line up the image and stamped with black over the top and it now looks like it would have if I had just stamped the image and colored it in!

Well, not one to waste an effort, I used the Nestability die to cut it out and layered over a green card with rounded corners and over a shimmery white card with an embossed texture. A purple card base links back to the original 'thumping' even though it is a distant memory by now.


Ddd

Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT

View Latest Entries