In the clearance bin at my local craft store they had piles of this one stamp.
I have no number stamps so I'm thinking I can butcher this set and use the digits separately. I mean, look at the price!
When I got it home I realized why there were so many. This actually is designed to clip on to some sort of a wheel and be used as a self-inking background.
So I set to with a pair of sharp mini-scissors and cut out the individual numbers.
They were pretty close together so it took some finesse to keep from snipping a part of the border away. It helped to bend the sheet to make the numbers bulge out when cutting where they were close.
As I snipped out each number I placed them in their new storage, the inside of a CD case.
When the whole set was cut I placed a few digits at a time on an acrylic block and stamped on scratch paper. Then I circled the bits I missed cutting off with red pen.
I pulled these off the acrylic block and did some additional surgery on them to clean them up and stamped again.
Perfect! Here is the whole set which I will be able to use for birthday, anniversary and holiday cards. Ooooh, I just thought of another project for these. I've been planning to make a set of countdown blocks and these will be perfect!
I even salvaged a couple of bits of the background 'noise.
What a great lot of use I will get out of my $1.97 investment.