« October 2011 »
S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Monday, 3 October 2011
From the Mail Bag
Topic: Scrap Recovery

Another place I like to get illustrations for using on cards is from my junk mail.

This is a portion of a full-page photo that I cut down. I layered a vellum dictionary entry over it with green flower brads and added vellum flower stickers. This is layered on a blue cardstock and a green card base:


This illustration is from a magazine and I added a string of wooden charms down the right side. I rounded the left corners of both the illustration and the card base. I punched a small hole at the upper left and threaded the string of a printed tag through it. The tag was then glued along the left edge of the photo:


This illustration is also from a magazine and I cut it to the same size as the vellum panel andlocked them together with red star brads. I made a background of wood panel print and denim print, layered the velum panel over and punched through all the layers with a star punch. The dark blue from the folded card base shows through:


From a magazine I got a large illustration of tree branches and got two panels from it. For this first one I added a square vellum panel with brass brads, layered it over a brown panel and orange folded card base. The green text is a sticker:


The other half of the picture I used a horizontal band of vellum and just turned it to the back to adhere it. I mounted over a green patterned cardstock and a yellow folded card base:


Ddd

Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 6:00 AM PDT

View Latest Entries