Cutting up all the color blocks for these cards left me with a lot of little strips left over. I combined these in various configurations to create new layouts for some cards.
These started with the same layout but I rotated one when I set to embellish it. First, though is a simple striped version decorated with a couple of puffy acrylic stickers. I made faux stitching around the edge of the card for more interest. Then, on the rotated version I added a large cardstock tag and a thick acrylic sticker greeting.
For the left card I used skinny strips and added a big blue circle to match the blue in the ornament print. I added a green punched circle popped up on foam tape and then placed a thick acrylic sticker with a similar printed background. The card on the right goes back to the thicker strips and I rotated it. I added a striped paper along the top to cut out some of the blank pink and used another of the big blue circles as a background for the penguin sticker. I added the text with a clear sticker.
These chunky stripes were offset to break the formality and I added a clear text sticker that is an appropriately sized stripe extending all the way across. Two holly sprig stickers from the same sheet decorate the top and bottom.
This one uses quite a mix of paper scraps arranged in stripes. To keep from conpeting with the pattern too much I used a clear wreath sticker and decorated it with a bow, some gold peel-off stickers and some 3D holly stickers.