« April 2012 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
The Spotlight's On You
Topic: Stamping

Challenge: Make a card with the 'reverse spotlight' technique. I had to go look this one up as I had never heard of that technique. Turns out that it means you stamp the frontpiece of your card and then punch out portions of it that overlap the stamped images. Then you stamp the same images on contrasting paper and mount them underneath to align with the frontpiece.

OK, I'm game. I stamped with several individual images from a new set I picked up, to create a little scene. Just the birds and nest were stamped on this step. Then I punched and mounted those images underneath. It still didn't look quite complete so I pulled the cloud stamp from another set and added three of those.

It was pretty large so I trimmed it to a more standard size and chose some printed papers for framing.

The paper colors were a little too different so I used 'old paper' distress ink on the edges of all, including the frontpiece. I even used a bit of it inside the punched areas. Unfortunately, now they were all too similar in tone so I dragged the edges across a black ink pad to add definition.

This is pretty busy so I may not add any text. Blank cards are very useful to have on hand.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries