« April 2012 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 29 April 2012
Bottle Bouquets
Topic: Stamping

Sometimes when I buy a new stamp it will sit for a long time before I get around to inking it up. This one, though, I had inked within 48 hours. I loved it that much - so much that I actually paid full price for it. Now THAT is noteworthy!

It is one of the designs that have a sketched look to them. I like every one of these designs that I have, and this is no exception. I stamped some of these fully inked and then stamped some as second generation so they would be a little lighter. This enhances the sketched look even more. I used a waterbrush and distress inks to paint the images in a watercolor style.

All of them were then bordered and mounted to colored cardstock with bordered paper scraps as backgrounds.

The card on the left uses three strips of patterned papers and I used distress ink (old paper) to tone the edges of the image. The sentiment is cut with a flag end and popped up on foam tape.

The one on the right turns the strips to the other orientation, I changed the text and left off the distress ink.

For the card on the left below I moved the sentiment and added tinted paper flowers over the top of the stamped blooms. I gave these rhinestone centers.

The one on the right below got the rhinestone centers applied directly to the blooms and I changed up the sentiment and applied it on an angle for a more casual look. I used pink Liquid Pearls in the center of the heart image.

These last two are the second generation images. Both of them use the same sentiment with blue Liquid Pearls in the heart. The image on the left is left 'natural' and the one on the right has the rhinestones in the flower centers.

Yep, I'll be stamping this image again.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries