When I needed to make a background for round one of a serial swap card I fell back on the waxed paper technique. This time I worked directly on the surface of the folded card base. As each pressing creates two pieces I got to keep one for myself. This is what I used for today's card.
I inked it up with Mustard Seed distress ink. This rich yellow needed strong colors so I added a bold stripe and a block of patterned walnut brown. I rounded the corners to take the harsh edge off of all this color.
The little mouse sleeping in the tulip was trimmed close so he would fit with the background but not disappear.
When I decided on the sentiment stamp the card called out for the adding of 'friends' so I chose three clear butterfly stickers with one resting on the mouse's nose.