Although not much of it shows, I started this card to feature the waxed paper background with woodgrain. Then I chose the three background strips. Thr dark red and the green both match stripes found in the center strip.
I pulled out my new Distress Markers and selected colors that were found in the other elements to color the ship (which was stamped and sent to me by a friend). I rounded the corners with a punch and used 'old paper' Distress Ink to tone the edges. Then I mounted it on a burgundy background and rounded those corners as well.
One of the pre-stamped sentiments was trimmed down and backed with burgundy before placement. Then I popped up the ship on foam tape.