I gathered up more fabric scraps and put together another lap quilt for the hospital's Passages program. I was inspired by the center medallion which is a pre-printed panel and I added strips round and round until it got to be the size I wanted.
You know, I always want to try something new on every quilt I make. This time it was machine-stitched binding. I attached on the front as usual and wrapped to the back, where I pinned it in place and overlapped the seamline. Then I stitched from the front in the ditch. This caught about 1/8 inch of the binding on the back side.
All but the pink and the thin black (dotted) fabrics were in the scraps from out quilting group. Those two fabrics were from my stash.
We've moved out quilting group and, beginning next weekend, will be meeting two Saturdays per month. More room and better tables to work at. Excited to start up again for the Fall.