I finished up another quilt for the Passages program at the hospital. For this one I started with a small piece (only about 1/4 yard) of a print that had little desert oasis pictures in framed panels all over it. I cut each out and used scraps to build multicolored log cabin strips around them. They were various sizes and shapes so when they got up to a good size I squared them up to the same size and arranged them for a pleasing layout. I didn't have enough to fill out a squared quilt so I found some blue frog print batik and used that as whole blocks at the four corners. I attached vertical rows together with green bars and then attached thost together with vertical orange strips. Orange around the outer edges for a border pulled it all together. I cut the backing large enough to double wrap to the front and stitch down with a decorative stitch.
I think this turned out so fun!