« November 2012 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Monday, 12 November 2012
Painted Dogwoods
Topic: Backgrounds

Because the dogwood print was presented with multiple corners printed and with a variety of tones in the green background stripes there were LOTS of cards to make. Eight in fact.

For all of these I used Distress Markers as watercolor ink and tinted all the blooms and leaves. I gave all the centers a wash of yellow.

For these two I added bordered green sentiments. I used burnt orange for the borders and then used the same color of rhinestones for the centers. The one on the left I used small rhinestones in clusters. On the right the centers each got a single larger rhinestone.


These two got yellow sentiments bordered with rust colors, popped up on foam.

I went vertical with these two because of the way the blossoms laid. On the left I tied a double wrap of bakers twine and covered it with a pink bordered sentiment, popped up on foam. On the right I left off the twine and added two banner-ended paper scraps.


The last two went back to the landscape format. Both of these got a strip of dotted paper on the left. On the left I added a golden sentiment with slightly rounded corners. For the one on the right I used a dusty pink sentiment and cut deeper rounding on the corners.


Eight beauties!

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries