« November 2012 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 22 November 2012
Playing It Straight
Topic: Sketch Challenge

Although this is an older sketch http://mojomonday.blogspot.nl/2012/04/mojo-monday-236.html it was issued as a challenge on one of the groups I am on. So I gave it a run - making it into another Love/Valentine card for OWH. Here is the original sketch for your reference:

 


For my card I used a striped paper as a base and used three border embossing folders as the three horizontal stripes. I added tiny borders to the top and bottom of this white panel and bordered all this in red. I created a white scalloped  circle and cut a black and white floral paper circle for the center of it. Diecut red words were glued in the center and I used a fine-line red pen to create dashed lines around it. I popped up this element on foam tape. I had some white seam binding and I dyed it with red pepper alcohol ink. While it was still damp I scrunched it and then dryed it with the heat gun. This was tied around the main panel and knotted.

There was still sommething missing so I added a black and white stripe around all the edges as a finish.

Me like!

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries