Had an out-of-town visitor for a few days and took a day to play in the studio. We played with making waxed paper backgrounds with the Cuttlebug and embossing folders, coloring them with Distress ink pads and Distress markers, and then made them into cards. We also used the folders to emboss some of the backgrounds after we had colored them.
We each ended up to a background that was very masculine and chose to use the same combination of stamps to make embellishments for their fronts. We used different Spellbinders dies to cut out our stamped images and mounted them on foam tape.
Although we used the same colored card base, we chose different solid papers as borders for our backgrounds to match the patterned paper we had created.
This is hers:
and this is mine:
Hers is colored with Distress inks and a foam pad. Mine is colored with Distress markers. I also used Old Paper Distress ink to distress the cut pieces.