« March 2013 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 26 March 2013
Car Parts
Topic: Dry Embossing

I ran across a snippet of cardstock with license plates printed on it and thought it would be fun to combine it with an emobssing folder I have with an antique car. As I pulled out the embossing folder I remembered that I have a stamp similar to that. Imagine my surprise when I pulled it out and discovered they are exactly the same, even to the same size. HA!

I stamped the car on some brown cardstock and then embossed it with the folder. Cool - except the folder has such sharp edges that it kind of tears the edges of the image. I used a foam applicator and distress ink to recolor those areas.

I pulled out more printed cardstocks with distressed looks and combined strips to create a masculine backbround. A vertical strip also got a piece of twine knotted around it. The car image was banded and popped up on foam. I reversed the colors for a stamped sentiment and tied it to the twine before popping up on foam.


As a final step I added three square nailhead stickers on th lower left.

I had enough matrials to create two identical cards at the same time.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries