« April 2013 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Saturday, 6 April 2013
Slightly Off Kilter
Topic: Quilting

Still working on those strip sets, the second style of cut yields two triangles per set. These get assembled in groups of four to create blocks with a twist to them.

Because of the extra strips I included I was able to put together a quilt of 9 blocks instead of the 6 blocks in the pattern. I used bits from the stash for the sashing and cornerstones and made them wider than suggested and added double borders from the stash to get more size to the quilt.

I call this quilt 'tilt-a-whirl' because of the cant to the blocks and I also used a spiral inside these squares for the quilting.

More fabrics from the stash make up the backing, with piecing to stretch to the full size needed.

Finished size is not quite square at 44 x 45 inches.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries