I needed a card for a swap that used wet embossing. This background stamp is one that I picked up for the online class 'Stretch Your Stamps' last year and I hadn't used it since. But I remembered how awesome it looked when embossed in black and colored with markers.
What I did NOT remember was that I had done the coloring before using watercolor markers. The lesson I learned doing this was that Copics, Sharpies, and other alcohol markers will melt the embossing powder and smear that color into the image.
I was fortunate that I noticed it as soon as I started the first bloom (lower left one) and after that I avoided letting the markers come into contact with the black powder.
I used three oranges, two greens, and a stem brown. Then I bordered the trimmed image in neon green, black, and pumpkin orange. This was popped up on foam tape over a black diamond background on an orange card base.