« October 2013 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
And Then There Were Three
Topic: Pretty Paper

I needed just three more cards to round out a box of 40 to go to Operation Write Home so I decided to break out the third of the 6x6 pad I picked up at the Tuesday Morning store.

This one is a Crate Paper set called DIY Shop. It has rulers, wood grains, typewriter, vintage florals, music, ledger and sewing patterns.


For two of the cards I started with a number background and the third uses a burst. I selected a ruler paper and a couple of small patterns to mix and match with these. All of the cards got brown bordering papers, although each is a different shade.

When I got this far I went looking for a diecut of Happy Birthday and discovered that I don't even have one! WHAT? So I went with Celebrate instead. There was going to be a lot of open space and all of the cards has a bit of muted red so I pulled some cardstock of that tone and hand cut two balloons for each card. I attached twine to the back of them and tied a knot near the bottom. the tails were then tucked and adhered on the back.




Finishing details included catching the C of the diecut word in the balloon strings before gluing it down, popping the balloons up on foam tape and adding some balloon highlights with gel pen.

With the generic text these can be used for birthday, anniversary, gradulation, or any other achievement.

Ddd 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries