« November 2013 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Friday, 15 November 2013
On The Drift
Topic: Die Cuts

I know it is early to be talking about SNOW but I had an idea for a Christmas card that required the white stuff. This is a multi-step, multi technique project AND an experiment so...

First, I used an oval shaped dry embossing frame in the Cuttlebug to cut some snowflakes on the edge while leaving two legs of each attached to the oval. Then I used a craft knife to cut the rest of the oval away.

The next step was to use the oval shape from the center of the frame to spot-emboss a snowflake folder onto the oval portion of the shaped piece. I then used the whole folder to emboss a background piece.

The shaped piece was mounted on the background with foam tape so all the snowflakes stand away from the card face. I used a Martha Stewart punch to make another large snowflake and mounted that on top of the oval with foam tape.


I applied a clear text sticker to the upper right and burnished it to flatten the embossing under it. The whole piece was then mounted to a white base card which creates a frame around the edges. Here you can see the oval line a little better.


The last step was to use a Sakura Stardust pen in silver to trace lines on all the diecut/punched snowflakes and the smallest embossed ones in the backgrounds.


All in all I think I like it. I was trying to find a style to mass-produce for Christmas this year. This may be more than I want to do over and over... and over... and over.

We'll see as time progresses.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries