« November 2013 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 26 November 2013
Fruit Basket Upset
Topic: Quilting

Mystery of the Vanishing Blog Post - I have NO idea where the post went for today. I'll tey to recreate it with all of the original wit and wisdom but who knows how that will go. And, it may always magically turn up at some point and make me look foolish!

This is another of the three quilts I made from the same pattern. For this one I wanted to use this rich fruit fabric but did not have enough for the 20 block called for in the pattern. So I re-drew the pattern! I enlarged the feature square from 6 to 7.5 inches and this allowed me to get 12 out of the fabric I had available. 

Then I decided to made 12 inch blocks so redrafted the surrounding parts of the block to make that work.


I used a golden yellow as the background and a green marble for the boxes. The border is a rich purple with a tiny flower.


In the above shot you get a better view of the feature fabric as well as a hint of the meander quilting I used.

Ddd

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 8:38 AM PST

View Latest Entries