« January 2014 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 2 January 2014
Still Ahead of the Game
Topic: Multi-Technique

More scraps laying on the table so I decided to make more of the very early Christmas cards.

For the first one I had used the front side for experimenting so I had to turn it over and play with the side where the pattern was indented instead of raised. This also put the border strip on the left. coloring was more challenging since I was coloring into the indented areas but it worked out fairly well. I couldn't stamp the text onto the background because it would have missed where there were sunk in dots. So I stamped on a buff paper, cut a fishtail and raised it up on foam tape. I liked black bordering for this.


I had one more of the embossed panels left but no more of the globes or diecut word. So I just colored it up and left off the ground line. I stamped the full greeting on the background and added a star in the sky which I colored with yellow.


This needed a bit of pizzaz so I used three different colors of Stickles to add over the snow ground and dots, colored background dots and the star.


Black bordering worked really well on this one, too.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries