« July 2014 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 3 July 2014
Berry Sweet
Topic: Die Cuts

Many, many years ago I ran across an idea for a card embellishment and tucked it away in the back of my brain 'for later'. Mostly because I didn't have the punches or dies to make it come to life.

Since coupons and papercrafting sales were in my schedule a few weeks ago I made it a point to buy a heart punch and a set of flower dies. I had wanted these for quite a while and when I got them home it suddenly occured to me that I now had the elements to make this sweet strawberry.

From red cardstock I punched the heart and then used a corner rounder on the bottom. From green cardstock I diecut a flower, cut it in half and layered it at the top of the heart. The addition of 'seeds' with Liquid Pearls brings the berry to life.

I first made a card with a single berry, using a cross-hatched brown background. I used green cardstock to diecut swirls and leaves and glued everything down. I stamped the sentiment in black. Then, to tie the elements together, I outlined one word in red and created a drop-shadow on the vines in black.

Then I made a second card with two berries on it - all of the processes and materials are the same.


The two cards do use different flourishes for the vines.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries