Topic: Sketch Challenge
Sometimes a little silliness is in order. OWH 105 was my opportunity:
I started by stamping a flower head on watercolor paper and using Distress Marker ink and an aquabrush to to the coloring. I cut it out using a round die and left it in the die to impress the rim around the edge.
A crazy paper for the background set the tone for the rest of this. I cut the three paper strips using colors from the image and assembled the card front while popping the image up on foam tape.
I added the stamped sentiment as a banner at the left and then found that the flower head was just 'floating' there. So I used a fine line black marker to sketch in a stem and two leaves. I used a Distress Marker to color these in for a little whimsy.