« September 2014 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 1 - Backgrounds - Reverse
Topic: Online Class

Still Day 1 of the online class but we've switched to 'reverse' backgrounds. Well, the class did but I didn't have one so I just decided to use a 'brocade' stamp that had the same feel as theirs.

The technique used had Distress Ink pads pressed onto a craft sheet and sprayed with water. The stamp is pressed into them and moved just enough to leave no un-inked areas. Then the stamp is pressed gently onto watercolor paper and allowed to dry. 

While that is drying the ink is sprayed again and stamped onto another sheet. And this is repeated for a third impression. This gives three color values.

I used the original impression (the brightest) on a black background to intensify the colors. I cut and assembled a black 'cut and tuck' diecut. This is surrounded with 5 black punched butterflies which are overlaid with colored ones.

The second impression didn't have a panel of useable area so I trimmed off a wide and a very narrow strip to use on a white card base. I added a black diecut panel to back a dragonfly diecut with layers of both inked watercolor paper and vellum. The dragonfly was decorated with black rhinestones and a sentiment in white rubons was created before decorating the outer edge with black dashed lines.

The third impression was a beautiful pastel panel. I cut it into 1" squares and inked the edges with Distress. These were adhered to a white card base with foam tape. Dragonfly silhouettes were stamped onto random blocks and a diecut black sentiment was glued to the face. The 'I' is dotted with a black rhinestone.


That made a trio of beauties!

Ddd 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries