« September 2014 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Saturday, 20 September 2014
Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 3 - Alphabets & Sentiments-c/d
Topic: Online Class

The technique used today is similar to yesterday with a few twists.

First, I changed to a stencil of trees. Then I changed to a stamp of 'unreadable script' and stamped that in brown. I used a lighter ink to shade in the voids then removed the stencil. I then shaded the left and bottom of the trunks and branches with a W1 Copic marker (warm grey). I cut the panel into two pieces to use on separate cards.

For the first card I drew a faux stitching line around the panel and mounted it on tone-on-tone brown dot paper. I diecut text and adhered it to the card, then used fine marker to add faux stitching to the center of the letters.

The other panel was attached to a leafy background. I used a perforating tool to create dashed cut lines around the panel. I diecut text and pressed Versamark onto it. This was embossed with clear. I repeated this to create three layers, making a raised shiny surface.

The word 'give' was stamped in brown ink using individual letter stamps.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries