« October 2014 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 12 October 2014
Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 10 - Silhouette Flowers - c/d
Topic: Online Class

The next technique I tried from the day 10 class was Light Embossing on Dark Cardstock.

This first card was the 'test piece' for the technique. I selected navy cardstock and stamped flowers in white pigment ink and embossed with cherry red. I stamped leaves with white pigment ink and embossed with Christmas green. I stamped berries with white pigment ink and embossed with white.

The colors were not very vivid so I went over them with Copic markers, changing the white berries to yellow. I trimmed the panel and mounted it to pink bordering card and a blue printed layer. I added this to some pink chevron cardstock over a card base.

I was not liking this too much so I used a gold gel marker to add some sketch lines on the navy background. Still not impressed with the look of it so I found a vellum pre-printed quote and trimmed it to the exact size of the flower layer. I ran this through the Xyron machine to coat the back with adhesive. The vellum was adhered to the panel and burnished to allow the flowers to show through.

Salvaged!


OK, back to following the instructions! For the next card I did the stamping in Versamark! Stamped flowers and embossed with cherry red. Stamped leaves and embossed with Christmas green. Stamped the berries and embossed with white. Stamped the flower centers and embossed with gold. MUCH better result.

I trimmed the panel and used a gold Krylon paint pen to band all four edges. I mounted this to a white card base.

I stamped a sentiment block on white and trimmed it. I used a gold gel marker to fill in the dots and lines then mounted it on the card front with foam tape.

Ddd 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries