« October 2014 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Monday, 20 October 2014
Tea On the Square
Topic: Teabag Folding

I haven't done teabag folding for oh so long! But I joined in a swap for cards that combined teabag folding and paper embroidery and needed to fulfill that challenge.

I couldn't decide between four different units so I went through my patterns and chose different borders for each of them, matched up papers and threads and jumped right in.

I used to do most of my stitching on the road (hubby driving) but we haven't been driving as much. This cut into my stitching time! Fortunately we had a road trip scheduled so I packed up my kit and soon had all 4 borders stitched.

This first one is what I finally selected to send for the swap - it's headed off to The Netherlands.

The medallion was tri-colored and I wanted to use all of those colors in the embroidery. I think this pattern is marked Linzoos but I have no idea where I got it, other than it was free online.

I chose a paper that looks like gauze and stitched up all the embroidery. The pattern calls for rice beads but I don't have any so I used bugle beads instead. I added matching seed beads and sticky back rhinestones.

The teabag fold is held in place with ATG tape as well as a single brad.

Ddd 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries