I had so much fun wandering around the SplitCoastStampers tutorials. I ran across a technique I haven't done for a long time - blue delft tile.
I decided to use 1-inch increments for the tiles, scored them on my ScorPal and stamped with dark blue Distress Ink. After the ink was dry I used an aqua-brush to blend the ink. I used a heat gun to dry it and then used a lighter blue Distress Ink and a sponge to tint the edges of the 'tiles' for dimension.
I went over the lines with a white gel pen (not effective) and then a white Distress Marker (much better).
I ended up with two panels to use and treated them only slightly differently.
First was by adding a sentiment stamped onwhite. I used some of the blue ink to tint the edges and popped it up on foam tape.
For the second card I added a blue stamped sentiment which I banded in white. This was also popped up on foam tape.
I'm going to have to go do more cruising around the SplitCoastStampers site for techniques and tutorials. These experiments have been a blast.