« February 2015 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Friday, 20 February 2015
Washout
Topic: Stencils

I was reading the Hero Arts blog the other day and came across this technique for using a stencil. It was what I had been aiming for when I did one of my stencil tutorials that kinda failed.

I had inked up my watercolor paper with Distress Inks using foam applicators then laid the stencil on top and spritzed with water to remove some of the color. What happened was that the water went under the stencil and I did not get clean outlines.

Well, in the above link and also this one and this one a different approach is used.

So I had to give it a go with these new instructions and got a better result.

I started by using Distress Inks in Iced Spruce and Weathered Wood. These were blended onto the watercolor paper using a foam applicator. Then I used a mister to spritz a stencil of birch trees and flipped it over (water side down) and placed it on the paper. I held it in place for about 30 seconds then carefully lifted it up. 

I used a paper towel to blot away some of the water and then dried it with the heat gun.

The result was very low contrast so I laid the dried stencil back in place and drew around the shaped with a Distress Marker in Bundled Sage.

I trimmed down to the best part and mounted this on doordinating green papers.

All of the trim work and sentiment are silver peel-off stickers.

Ddd

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries