While I liked the concept showed yesterday I wanted to try to get better contrast. I started with Distress Inks in Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs applied to watercolor paper with a foam applicator.
I chose a large metal stencil of leaves and misted it with water. This was placed water side down onto the colored paper and held in place for about 30 seconds. Then it was lifted and blotted with a paper towel.
After dries with a heat gun I used a bulb sprayer to spritz with Shabby Shutters and Mustard Seed Distress Markers.
This was a MUCH better result than yesterday's card. I had enough of this to make two card fronts.
The first I placed on a goldenrod base and decorated with table scraps. I added some nail head stickers and gold peel-off stickers.
The other half of the paper was placed on a burnt sienna base and decorated with table scraps and a stamped sentiment.
YES! Much better result!