« June 2015 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Saturday, 13 June 2015
12 Tags of 2015 - June
Topic: Multi-Technique

Back to some hands-on artwork for a while. It was time to do my version of the June edition of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015.

Here is his original:


I'm pretty sure I did not have a single item that Tim used so I went for more of a 'look and feel' interpretation.

I made a distress background to start with using scattered straw and gathered twig distress pads, a craft sheet and a mini-mister. This was dried and then I had to figure out how to get a distressed plaid over it.

I used a custom inked pad with adriondack reinkers. Then I got out a rubber brayer and wound twine on it until most was covered. This was inked on the pad and then run over the distress background, first one direction and then the other until the coverage was like I wanted. I cut this down to size and used the distress tool on all the edges then inked them with gathered twig. This was set aside.


I drew a pattern for a latte cup and cut various parts from printed paper, corrugated cardboard and clear transparency. I used a scoring tool to make some creases at the appropriate parts.


I cut down the transparency bubble to fit the top of the cup and attached it to the upper edge with scor-tape. I used Picket Fence distress stain on the back of the bubble and dried it with the heat gun.

I didn't have a straw so I got out a clear plastic pick and used alcohol ink to color it.

I used two sets of stamps to create a greeting and cut the strip down to a flag shape. this was distressed with the mini-tool and then inked with gathered twig. I cut a strip of grass cloth to go behind it.


The latte cup was adhered to the plaid piece using foam tape and leaving just the right abount of space for a gift card to slip behind. I then stapled the sentiment assemblage to the front.


The plaid unit with all these layers was adhered to a card front of the same material as the sentiment. It also matches the 'straw'.


With the addition of a 'real' gift card for a coffee stand and a hand-written thank you message inside, this is ready for gifting.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries