« September 2015 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Monday, 14 September 2015
Letterpress With Leaves
Topic: Dry Embossing

I watched an episode of "Scrapbook Soup" on public television with a guest from Spellbinders who demonstrated using embossing folders and inkpads to make letterpress backgrounds. I chose seven different embossing folders and used a variety of additional techniques to make each card different.

For this fifth background I used a brocade folder. I smeared the  Distress ink pad over the surface of the folder and misted it with water. I also misted a piece of white cardstock and inserted it in the folder. Once through the Cuttlebug and I hit it with the heat gun to dry it.

Then I used the same ink pad to apply direct to paper hitting just the raised parts, changing them from white to colored. I had a vellum sheet with colorful leaves printed on it. I ran it through the Xyron to apply adhesive to the entire back of it. This was adhered to the letterpress piece and both were trimmed together.

I used a 1/2" corner chomper to round all four corners. Then I tied twine around the panel and attached a pre-stamped sentiment.

I used a dotted card base for this one.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PDT

View Latest Entries