The second of the strip quilts from the bazillion strips of 2" widths from piles of my scraps. As stated yesterday, these were long, short, medium... I sorted them into piles by color: yellow, golden, brown, pink/red, purple, blue, teal, green, yellow green. Then I sewed them together end to end, one from each pile round and round until I ran out of one color (blue).
Judging the strip was long enough I brought the ends together and sewed side-by-side the full length. This was repeated until I had one long striped piece 12 1/2 inches wide.
I cut this into sections 12 1/2 inches long and had enough for 32 blocks. I sorted them based on predominant colors and created four 9-patch quilt centers of 36 inches. Then each one got a 2 inch border to created a completed top of 40 inches.
Here is the second of these:
This one was predominantly blue and I used a blue border to reinforce that.
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org at 12:01 AM PDT