« January 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Monday, 11 January 2016
Sour Patch
Topic: Quilting

The second class I took on the quilting cruise in November (2015) was a mystery quilt with instructor Kimberly Einmo.

Before I signed up for this class I took a mystery class on Craftsy with her as the instructor to see if I liked her style. Out of that came two lovely quilts from my stash.

For this class we were sent a set of direction on how to select fabrics, how much of each to buy and cutting instructions for each one. These were then labeled and packaged so we could easily pull out the right pieces to work with at each step.

Kimberly would have us pull out the specific fabrics cut to the right sizes and stitch them according to the current 'clue'. Then those pieces would be cut, if needed, and set aside. When we had worked through all the clues we had a sizeable stack of blocks which were then laid out according to her pattern and assembled into the mystery quilt.

We had even precut our two borders and binding!

I worked through all the available 'open sew' times and got my whole top done.


I did not take batting or the backing with me so I had to wait to assemble this at home. I quilted it with diagonal lines that go through all the large blocks and the purple small blocks - about 8 inches apart. A stitch in the ditch line runs on either side of the inner blue border as well.

The finished quilt is about 61 inches square and will be set aside to gift to someone special when the occasion arises.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries