« January 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Tuesday, 12 January 2016
Maple Leaf - No Rags
Topic: Quilting

This is the final quilt I pieced on the November 2015 quilting cruise. The instructor was Kimberly Einmo.

We were sent an illustration ahead of time along with the yardages we would need and cutting instructions. We cut the fabrics as specified and packaged them with coding so we would be able to quickly access the right ones for each step.

The class was taught with step by step directions and the use of a special ruler that Kimberly designed (and I bought).

The illustrated quilt design had  similar colors in solids and the center was an appliqued sunshine graphic, giving the quilt a southwestern feel. I chose similar colors but chose prints that featured fall flowers. then I created four maple leaves to applique on the center panel.

The quilt design stopped with the sunburst area but this left it too small for my taste. So I added a wide border in the background color to expand it.


The starburst areas end up looking like maple leaves, as well.

I quilted all the teal areas with vines and leaves and all of the starbursts with an echo line 3/8 inch inside them.

The finished size is about 48" square.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries