« January 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 31 January 2016
a la Piet Mondrian
Topic: Scrap Recovery

I pulled out a bunch of scrap pieces I had left over of wrinkle-free Distress backrounds. As I had used the different colors for various projects I had just been tossing the leftovers in a bin.

I pulled out a piece of 8.5 x 5 black cardstock and ran it through the Xyron machine to apply adhesive. Then I carefully cut and placed various shaped and sized blocks of the colors while leaving spaces of the black background showing through in 1/8 inch widths.

Then I ran it back through the Xyron to apply adhesive over the whole colored surface.

I used this adhesive to hold clear embossing powder on the surface and melted it with the heat gun.

I cut a piece of this to 4 x 5.25 and mounted it on an A2 black cardstock for mounting on a white card base.

I had three flowers that had meen diecut from a piece of the blue Distress background and the edges had been distressed with Gathered Twig ink. I used a piercing tool to punch through them and the background and added three colored flower brads to hold them in place.

I bordered a pre-stamped text in black and layered it on top of the grid but tucked under a flower.

The resulting card is actually much brighter but the flash kind of grayed it out as it reflected off the clear embossing.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries