« February 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Friday, 5 February 2016
Global Beauty
Topic: Scrap Recovery

When I made the card a few days back with all the diecuts on it I used a new die set to cut out two words. In doing that I ended up with the letters theselves that were left over.

I went through other scraps left over from previous sessions and came up with a piece of embossed white cardstock that I had sponged color onto.

The final piece I scrounged was a stamped image on watercolor paper. The stamping had not turned out well so I had set it aside. When I pulled it out I used a fine black marker to redraw all of the lines and then I painted it using Distress Ink as watercolors.

I pulled out a piece of green cardstock for the base card, echoing the color from around the globe. I placed a lace-printed paper at the top and added a sketched line around it.

I then tore and inked the edges of the stamped image and adhered it in the center.

The diecut words went on the bottom along with a dragonfly punched from some wrinkle-free distress background. I used a fine black marker to add some hashing to the green base card and the dragonfly wings, then added circles to the dragonfly body.

There was a bit of an issue with one leg of the 'W' when I peeled off the tape I used in aligning the letters. I used a line of green rhinestones to cover it and then added one to the dragonfly head and dotted the 'I' with another.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries