« February 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 7 February 2016
Right In Fashion
Topic: Scrap Recovery

I went on a spree of gathering up strips from the scrap bin, organizing them by color group and sticking them to base cards for use as backgrounds. I ran the base card through the Xyron to apply adhesive over the whole surface before starting to stick the strips down.

In preparing to use these for cards I remembered I had signed up for a swap on the theme 'fashion'.

I decided to use a background where one of the strips was a print of dress patterns and fitting models.

I had a sheet of gold peel-off stickers in the shape of corsets. I took a white paper embossed with a floral tree and turned it upside down so the trunk was pointing up. By placing the corset sticker over the trunk and trimming around the corset and a half-circle shape I made it into a ball gown with a patterned skirt!

I sponged distress ink over the skirt to make the pattern more visible and to help the white become more creamy like the background papers. Then I used a scallop punch for the hemline of the skirt.

I used other gold peel-off stickers to add little dots to the skirt, outline the skirt, trim the left edge of the card, add some shoes and provide a sentiment.

The dress is popped up on foam tape.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries