« February 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 21 February 2016
Watercolor For Real
Topic: Painting

I have been wanting to get back to watercolor paintig for some time now but have been limiting myself to painting card fronts and using stamp pad inks or markers for the 'paint'.

I decided to break out of this one step at a time so I started by switching back to true watercolors and standard brushes.

I started with watercolor paper that comes in a pad and cut a sheet into quarters. Rather than taking time to sketch something to paint I got out rubber stamps and stamped the image with 'scattered straw' Distress Ink.

For this one I used my hand carved stamps of roses.

I used the guidelines on the stamped image to decide where to do shading and worked with reds and yellows to create oranges with a bit of blue shadow. The greens were mixed as well as I have no green watercolor paints.


The background is NOT purple as this shows but if I dial that back the roses do not look as orange as they really are.

Although this ended up being sized properly for a card front, I'm not sure if will end up being used that way.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 12:01 AM PST

View Latest Entries