« June 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Wednesday, 29 June 2016
Mini-Distress Inks - Take 3
Topic: Supplies

It has been a LONG break here on the blog - something that takes getting used to. From posting daily for 9 years to taking an 18 day break between posts...

I was able to use a gift card I'd had for 4 1/2 years (!) at a craft store yesterday and was delighted to find they had the last set of mini-distress pads in stock. I picked those up, along with a large set of Prismacolor colored pencils, a bit of fabric and some other random bits of fun supplies.

Today, I set out to use the Distress inks. I started with a cardstock with big white dots on black background. I used Q-tips to apply the four colors in the set randomly on the dots. The colors are Lucky Clover (teal green), Wilted Violet, Candied Apple and Carved Pumpkin.

There were a few dots left so I filled those with a Distress Marker in Old Paper.

I used black ink to stamp unreadable script over the whole surface and diecut text and a butterfly from the background. I trimmed the piece down to size and backed it with a bright yellow cardstock then traced around the butterfly cutout with black pen.

I used two gold butterfly stickers to decorate the front and added three sizes of pearl to the bodies of the butterflies.


The same sheet as the butterflies had some round flowers so I used three of those for continuity.

Ddd

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 4:44 PM PDT

View Latest Entries