« August 2016 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Art Challenges
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hymnal Art
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Sunday, 14 August 2016
One Bright Summer Day
Topic: Quilting

This is the last quilt that I had sandwiched back in June. All the rest will have to wait for layering until September.

I used a pattern shared by one of the ladies in our quilting group. Several of them had made one or more of their tops for the baby quilts using this and I had some fabril left from a previously cut project that I knew would look great.

The black floral started out life as a wide striped fabric. I just cut out full blocks as big as the stripe would allow and adjusted all the other parts to fit that. 

The black border is a rosebud print that I bought a few years back and put it away waiting for inspiration. It perfectly coordinated with the floral.

I used up the very last of the floral in making the corner blocks for the outer border.


I kept the quilting very simple on this. I did echo quilting 1/2 inch from all the black fabrics and then stitched in the ditch down the yellow/green thirds.

I also did free-motion quilting as an outline to all the peach colored roses - one in each block.


The backing is a tone-on-tone peach leafy print. I used yellow in making the 1/4" binding.

Ddd

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 9:38 PM PDT

View Latest Entries