This project will almost catch me up with the 2016 tag series - though I chose another display piece instead of a tag.
I also changed the theme from 'Thanksgiving' to 'travel' for my project.
Here are the two techniques Tim combined:
And this is the Tag he created:
These are the steps I used to create my project:
- Apply rubons around the edges of base piece (I used landscape themed and postal images)
- Color background with Distress Stain - blending colors and adding water to mottle
- Distress edges with tool and ink (I used walnut stain)
- Stamp a 'blueprint image' on the background - set aside
- Stamp same image several times on watercolor paper
- Watercolor these using Distress Marker as watercolors
- Deboss from the back to create 3D image
- Trim to colored image size
- Deboss 'forward' elements of other images and trim them out for 3D elements
- Mount layers together using foam tape
- Use Glossy Accents on the areas of the image that are 'glass'
- Use diecut words on the background
- Back the cutouts with colored cardstock
- Use Distress Marker to add drop shadows inside the text
- Layer the watercolored image stack over the stamped image on the background
- Spatter the whole piece with black Distress Ink
- Use brad to attach a charm
And here is the piece I did:
One more 'tag' project to complete and my year will be done.