I've been working hard on getting caught up with quilt projects that just need the quilting and binding done.
The one I finished today was made from a pattern I tore out of a magazine soon after I started making quilts. When I bought the main fabric with those swirls of teal and brown I went right for this pattern even though it was featured in purple and black.
This is actually a very simple pattern - one big block in the center with 4 snowballed corners - 8 squares around the sides with one snowballed corner each then joined into pairs - 4 squares in the corners. I alternated between the teal and the cream in placement.
The sashing in stripe has all the other colors in it and I used the same brown in the cornerstones as the snowball corners.
When I was ready to quilt I designed some art deco corners and a scalloped center motif. I made 36 copies of the line art. I would pin one into a corner and free-motion stitch through the paper and then tear it away. It took a lot of practice to figure out how to stitch the corner without too many back-tracks.
I did the same with the centers.
I am now down to 3 'Works In Progress'.