« August 2017 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Thursday, 10 August 2017
You Need Water for a Rainbow
Topic: Online Class

Online Card Class - Day 4 - For these lessons we dug out our watercolors. Actually, we had some choices in what we wanted to use for watercoloring supplies. I used my Windsor Newton watercolor paints for some and Distress Inks for others. All the cards were made with watercolor paper.

Kristina taught watercolor blending skills. We created a background and then diecut words from it and mounted over white cardstock.


The letters that were popped out from card one found a new home on black cardstock along with some gold peel-off stickers.

Laura demonstrated using Distress inks on acrylic blocks to smoosh color bands onto watercolor paper. I added text pre-printed on vellum.

Next, we were invited to apply these same colors in a circle on a sandwich bag, spritz with water and smoosh the card onto it. A white diecut medallion was combined with a pre-stamped sentiment strip.

We then did the same technique using a non-stick craft sheet for inking.

Laura next showed how to create a resist background using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder. The craft sheet smoosh technique was used for the inking. I diecut the sentiment 3 times from black and once from white and glued them in a stack for the card front.


When I was done making these backgrounds, I continued to spritz the craft sheet with water and dab a cardstock into it for a bonus background. This one also got a diecut medallion and a pre-printed vellum.

 


Debby used watercolors to paint big dots, letting them barely touch to allow the colors to bleed. She shared the concept of turning them into balloons with a figure to hold the strings. I didn't have a figure to stamp so I hand-drew the little cat. I also created this sentiment with three black and one white diecuts stacked up.

Since I didn't stay up till after midnight creating these, I get to actually post them on the day they were made.

Ddd


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 9:32 PM PDT

View Latest Entries