« October 2017 »
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
3D paperwork
A - Z challenge 5
A - Z challenge 7
A - Z challenge round 4
A to Z challenge round 3
A to Z round 2
A to Z round 6
A-Z round 1
Around the House
Artist Trading Cards
Backgrounds
Beads
Bible Journaling
Books
Boxes
Collage
Color Challenge
Coloring
cookbook
Die Cuts
Digital Projects
Digital Stamps
Drawing
Dry Embossing
Fabric Stuff
Fantastic Folds
Field Trip
Home Decor
How Does Your Garden Grow?
In The Kitchen
In the studio
Jewelry
Lettering
Links
Multi-Technique
Music to Work By
Musings
Nail Art
New Work
Online Class
Other Hobbies
Other Projects
Painting
Paper Embroidery
Paper Piecing
Photo
Pretty Paper
Quilting
Random
reading
Scrap Recovery
scrapbooking
Sewing
Sketch Challenge
Some Backlog
Stamping
Stencils
Stickers
Supplies
Teabag Folding
Techniques
Testing
tips and tricks
Tutorial
Web resources
Welcome to my Blog
Work By My Friends
workflow
Writing
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
RSS Feed
View Profile
Group One
In & Out of Studio 3D
Friday, 6 October 2017
Bible Journaling - Psalm 19:9-10
Topic: Bible Journaling

Sweeter than honey - that perfectly describes the font we used this week for journaling.

We started out on Monday with the assigned word:


You can see that I,once again, struggled to keep this as an upright font. We were asked to note that on a letter like the lowercase N the upstroke separates and leans away from the leading downstroke. The caps have a bit of curve.

On Tuesday we learned the full alphabet:


Again with the leaning letters! I did do better with the upstokes pulling away.

Wednesdays lesson got us to playing with applying color with bubble wrap! I used three colors of Distress Inks and applied my color to three different backgrounds. After lettering on them, I added bee stickers and made them into card fronts.




On the last background I changed to a honeycomb lettering style I found on Pinterest. I then drew a little beehive. All three cards have accents added with gold gel pen.

On Thursday used the new font to write a scripture. I had some hexagon embossed cardstock a friend had sent in a swap and I used a Distress Ink pad to sweep over it to add color. I then used a brown Sigma Micron pen to do my lettering and added thickened lines with a Prismacolor brush marker.

I went back and traced the thin lines and both sides of the thick lines in black before adding a peel-off bee sticker in brown. I made this one into a card as well.


As usual, our Friday assignment was to use the new font in our Bible. I chose excerpts from Psalm 19:9-10.

I used the font in a very straightforward manner  and even made it stand upright as it was designed to do! I found pictires of honey dippers on Pinterest and drew mine onto the page with Sigma Micron 01 black pen. I used double lines on most of it to camoflage wobbles in the long lines. 

Coloring was done with Prisacolor pencils with accents of white gel pen.


When I was writing in the reference, I accidentally wrote 'Proverbs' instead of 'Psalms'. To fix this I used the Sigma Micron pen to color over the whole reference in a solid block. Then I wrote in the correct one using white gel pen. When it was dry, I used colored pencil to make the white pen cream colored to match the page. Crisis averted.

Next week I am teaching the font we will use (online). The lessons will get posted here on Friday.

Ddd

 

 

 

 

 


Posted by studio3d@ccgmail.net at 10:42 AM PDT

View Latest Entries