Topic: Bible Journaling
A new Drawing Room lesson is up over on the creative bible journaling blog. Go to http://creative-bible-journaling.com/drawing-room-208-palm-frond/ to download it.
You'll have to excuse the typos where 'hosanna' is misspelled in TWO different ways! My error entirely and it is being corrected.
Here is how I used it (with the correct spelling) in my Bible by making a margin glue-in strip of it.
So, how did I get here from the basic palm drawing lesson? These are the steps:
After you’ve learned to draw the palm fronds, here is how you can use them to recreate the Hosanna artwork for a border in your Bible.
1) Pencil AND INK the letters, graduating them in size from top to bottom. You will want to use a font that is kind of chunky. Erase the pencil.
2) Pencil in the bottom palm frond. INK where it does not cross into any letters. Erase the pencil.
3) Continue with the next frond up – and keep doing this all the way to the top – inking and erasing the pencil as you go.
4) Color the fronds in alternating greens to help distinguish between them.
5) Color the letters (I used purple to acknowledge the royalty of Jesus).
6) Optional: Draw a broken border (Do not join to or cross the fronds)
Hope you enjoy this whether you follow the lesson to draw your own glued margin border, print out the one on the drawing lesson, make a bookmark from it... make it your own!
Have a blessed Palm Sunday